TRY THIS AT HOME!
The Mint Julip is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby. Make one and you’ll be singing “My Old Kentucky Home” in no time. It’s refreshing and easy to make. See our classic recipe below to see how to make a perfect Mint Julip:
Here’s how to make a perfect Mint Julip
- 1 Mint Julip Cup (or a tall highball glass)
- Crushed Ice (the more it is like a snow cone, the better)
- 3 ounces of Woodford Reserve Bourbon (the official bourbon of the Kentucky Derby)
- 1 ounce of Simple Syrup (we used Master of Mixes in the video)
- 4-5 medium to large mint leaves to muddle and a stalk to garnish
Please drink responsibly.
Be sure to Subscribe to our @upscaleeventproductions YouTube channel and don’t forget to hit the Notify bell to be the first when we upload new videos. Now you know how to make a perfect Mint Julip!
If you want to see other fantastic recipes, just let us know in the comments below.
Bourbon Bill Wheeler
See our other videos on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2AcgWXq8iInrJL2EoG2bVw
If you like this recipe, try these!
Click the images below to see our latest recipes and how-to videos!